Today I am happy to announce that we have updated our Training and Resources guides! Now you will find some great tips under our "Resources" tab!
Networking online is an art all on it's own! So here are WINN's top 10 tips on what to do, and how!
1. Participate. You can not have an “online presence or effectively use any of the other tips I give you if you don’t participate on a regular basis.
2. Share. Tell people about you, what’s your story? What set’s you apart? Become more then a business identity online, become a person that people want to do business with.
3. Build Relationships.
If you feel a connection to someone, send private messages, add them to
your friends list, and comment on their posts, activities, blogs, and
4. Promote appropriately. Keep your promotions
simple, and in the promotions area of websites, dedicated to online
networking.Check rules of the site, and follow them.
people why you want to connect with them, what about them or their
business interests you! Get to know someone else, rather then pushing
your business on them.
6. Give Time. It takes time to connect, and build relationships in life, don’t expect your time online to be any different, in fact expect it to take longer.
7.Be Respectful. When someone shares a personal story, or asks for advice, offer assistance, not judgment.
8. Be yourself.
Women can sense insincerity even on forums! Don’t create a persona.
Remember that people do business with people they trust. You have to be
you in order for people to get to know you.
9. Private vs. Public. Use your judgment on what
is appropriate to post publicly and what needs to be sent privately. Remember you can't take back what you put out on the web.
10. Personal Connections.
When ever possible, meet people face to face, or have voice or video
conversations to learn more about them and their business.
Use SPELL CHECK. Spell check is a blessing; if you mistype, or misspell it will be a useful tool to assist you in getting your point across.
Members be sure to get bonus tips for getting the most out of your chapter here!